Annual Fuel Fund Campaign
Sponsored by WCFR (1480 AM & 106.5 FM)
Special thanks to sponsors Connecticut River Valley Yellow Pages and WCFR’s Ray Kimball
Why your support is needed:
The scale and depth of the heating fuel and housing crisis is greater than ever before:
- Last winter, SEVCA spent $520,000 in emergency fuel assistance for our clients to stay warm. We rely upon private flexible funds to serve people who were not eligible for state Crisis Fuel funds but could not afford a fuel delivery.
- Since 2007, the number of households that have applied for SEVCA emergency fuel assistance has increased by 81%.
- Last winter, the number of emergency fuel applications from the elderly increased by 49%, and those from people with disabilities by 10%.
And we expect an even greater demand this year!
What your support will enable us to do:
SEVCA’s SHARE THE WARMTH! Fund assists families and individuals who are not eligible for federally-funded Crisis Fuel assistance but still cannot afford a fuel delivery, or are without fuel at times when Crisis Fuel is not available (before Nov. 24th and after Apr. 15th), even though it may be very cold. This includes the working poor, seniors, and people struggling with finances due to illness, separation and divorce, and unexpected emergencies.
You can help your neighbors who are at peril by donating to the SHARE THE WARMTH! Fuel Fund in one of the following ways:
- Donating right now through PayPal; just click on the donate button below!
- Mail your check to: SEVCA, 91 Buck Drive, Westminster, VT 05158.
- Make your donation in person at one of SEVCA’s “Good Buy” Stores: 23-25 Main Street, Springfield or 45 Rockingham Street, Bellows Falls.
- Call (802) 722-4575 to arrange for payment by Credit Card or to get more information.
All contributions to SEVCA are 100% tax deductible
"Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee."
–Ralph Waldo Emerson