Shop Locally and Donate Locally at SEVCA's Good Buy Thrift Stores
SEVCA’s four Good Buy Thrift Stores offer a large selection of quality items at low prices: affordable clothing and shoes for the whole family, jewelry, toys, linens, tables, lamps, beds, dressers, dishes, collectibles and holiday decorations can be purchased in our stores in Bellows Falls, Springfield, and White River Junction. Your purchases in our thrift store and donations of gently used goods help support our programs that provide critical services to low income residents in Windham and Windsor counties.
SEVCA "Good Buy" Thrift Stores - Operations & Community Services
As a result of operations, the thrift stores are able to contribute profits from sales to core agency support and programs.
This money is used to offset overhead costs and other program costs not covered by specific grant funding.
As sales continue to grow, we can thank the generosity of all those who provide the valuable donations which make these stores such a valuable resource to the communities we serve. SEVCA’s Good Buy Thrift Stores serve our surrounding communities as resale outlets for donated clothing and domestic goods.
These stores, along with providing much needed unrestricted income for SEVCA’s programs also provide a host of community services. Some of them include:
- Hundreds of vouchers are given away for clothing and household items to needy families.
- Stores work with local Health Care and Rehabilitative Services to provide a therapeutic training ground for people with developmental disabilities.
- “Experience Works” participants, a program for low income seniors are provided with jobs to supplement their social security benefits.
- Local schools and school nurses receive donations of hats, mittens, socks and coats for school children.
- Equipment such as canes and walkers are given to seniors when their insurance does not cover the cost of such items
- Many needy families receive donations of pet food
- Blankets and linens, not suitable for sale, are donated to the local Humane Societies.
- The Stores also provide a meaningful experience for local school children to complete their community service projects.
“Unless the investment in children is made, all of humanity’s most fundamental long-term problems will remain fundamental long-term problems.”
-UNICEF “The State of the Children” (1995)